LEASE ADMINISTRATION ANALYST JOB DESCRIPTION
Cleveland, Ohio-based, privately held commercial real estate development and management
company with an exceptional performance history. Real estate development and management portfolio includes residential, office, retail and industrial within Northern Ohio.
The Lease Administration Analyst will be responsible for all phases of hard and soft lease files, including reviewing and monitoring leases from execution through lease termination, monitoring critical lease duties, calculating rental escalations as needed. Maintains electronic tenant files in MRI; performs continual lease audits, works with property management to ensure lease compliance, manages security deposits/letters of credit, works with accounting and property management on operating expense reconciliations, rent billings. The Lease Administration Analyst will assist in leasing due diligence including estoppel generation and reconciliation to tenant leases and other records.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally
performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies
in the following areas:
- Abstract all new leases entering information into MRI accounting system. Enter and manage all lease notes, maintaining critical dates and tickler files. Follow up as required to ensure property management and leasing are aware of any approaching option dates and required action.
- Create and maintain electronic and hard copy tenant lease files to ensure they contain current, accurate information.
- Work with Controller to prepare and follow a continual audit schedule for all existing lease documents in the portfolio.
- Review rental changes and communicate or send tenant notices as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Landlord and Tenant with regard to each party’s compliance with all provisions of the lease. Respond to tenant billing questions.
- Work with property management/tenant to ensure that lease exhibits including commencement date exhibits are executed as needed.
- Prepare and process in MRI monthly manual billings of variable charges.
- Prepare and process in MRI payment of vendor invoices and update of vendor records.
- Apply tenant payments in MRI. Balance deposits to ensure proper cash application.
- Monitor monthly accounts receivable and work with property management to ensure rent and other income are collected in a timely fashion. Work with property management to ensure preparation of delinquency notices as required.
- Participate in the due diligence process as it relates to lease documents both for acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist Controller in preparation of annual budgets and common area expense reconciliations.
- All other duties as assigned and associated with the day-to-day operation of a commercial real estate portfolio
- Minimum 3 years industrial/office lease administration experience
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience reading and interpreting real estate leases, including all related lease documents, is essential
- Experience with MRI software is preferred
- Strong Accounts Payable/Receivable experience.
- Detail oriented, analytical and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Organized with ability to multi-task while keeping track of priorities.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written